I tried to get Annika to go to sleep, but she wasn't willing. I started to get painful, more frequent contractions and was hoping to get to bed soon so they would go away. Finally, around 9:30 PM, I decided to take Annika downstairs so I could get ready for bed. The contractions kept getting stronger, so I told Nate. I was going to wait a while to see if they would last. They kept getting closer together and I ended up calling Mylene who came right over to stay with the kids. Nate drove me to the hospital around midnight. I was really hurting now and was starting to get the shakes. Surely I couldn't be in transition yet. At the hospital, I couldn't even walk, the contractions were too strong and too frequent. I got checked in and found out I was at 7 cm already! I asked for an epidural and when I got to the delivery room, I got up on the bed somehow and a minute later I felt something pop and then a gush of fluid. I was amazed... I never thought that would actually happen to me, my water breaking without help. Much less that the baby would come before the epidural. I'm so grateful though. What an experience! I actually had a baby come before the due date and a fast (less than 4 hours) delivery. I didn't think that would ever happen to me!
Luke Emil was born February 14th at 1:10 AM. He is such a cute little guy, although he's really not that little. He weighed in at 9 lbs, 2 oz (4149 grams) and was 20 1/2 inches (51 cm) long at birth. He's doing great and eating lots. I'm tired, but feeling good.
We finally got to come home from the hospital today and the kids were so excited to hold their new baby brother. They got to go to the rodeo with friends this morning and this afternoon they played with Mylene and her kids. I feel so grateful for how everything went and the love and support of family and many friends. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures.
Thank you Mylene, for being such a great help
Thank you all for your prayers, help with the kids, dinners, etc, etc. I'm so very thankful to be surrounded by many wonderful people.



10 comments:
Congratulations, Debbie! What an amazing story! I'm glad everything worked out so well. He was a big baby! You are amazing! I'm happy for you.
Congrats Nate and Debbie!
Love,
Nate's cousin Emily
Congrats Debbie, he is so beautiful! 4 hour labor ... wow that is fast. What do you think now about having a baby "au naturel"? Would you do it again????
When I saw on facebook that he was born, I had to come to your blog right away and see if there were pictures! He is the sweetest little thing, and I can sure tell he is a Clement! Congratulations!
Congratulations! He is precious. And what a quick delivery. Way to go.
Congratulations!! He is adorable. He looks pretty big and healthy too. We are so happy for you.
We are just so excited and happy for you. He is a doll!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Grandma Susan
Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy, can't wait to meet him!
What a BEAUTIFUL BOY! Heard today you had posted pictures so I hopped on by. I can't wait to meet him in person. He is adorable!!
- Laura
Congrats! I haven't read your blog for a while and had no idea you even delivered yet! He's a cute little guy...Luke is our name for a boy too! Maybe they'll be good friends!
Post a Comment