Kaelyn's been in the spotlight on my blog lately and I'm going to keep going... She turned 8 yesterday! Has it really been that long since I was introduced to motherhood? First thing, she lost another tooth.
Then it was time for a pancake breakfast and opening presents. She got her very own set of scriptures (I don't know if we were supposed to wait with that till her baptism, but it's not till November 21st and she's been able to read them since Kindergarten). I made a pink and brown tote for them months ago. Here you can see Kaelyn hugging them.
Also, a new Wii game. It's called Outdoor Challenge and I'm sure she'll have a lot of fun with it. I promised she could play it after school and homework today. Kind of stinks when your birthday's on a Sunday and your parents won't let you play your new game. Oh well, she did get to ride her new bike. She fell when she went over a bump and scraped her elbow and knee. It's going to take some getting used to, but I had her jump right back on and she whimpered the rest of the way home.
By the end of the day, Kaelyn couldn't find her tooth to put under her pillow for the tooth fairy. Ian calmed her and said she could smile real big in her sleep and the tooth fairy would see a tooth was missing (Charlie and Lola wobbly tooth book). She ended up writing a letter to the tooth fairy that I just have to share. It was really hard to not laugh out loud. Apparently all her friends have been getting all kinds of money from the tooth fairy and all she's ever gotten was a quarter. So... Kaelyn decided to ask for a raise.
I don't know if you can read the note from the picture, maybe if you enlarge it. 'Dear Tooth Fairy, My tooth came out this morning, but I lost it. I have had another that got lost like this one. Please give me some money even though. Kaelyn. P.S. Please give me more money than a quarter!'
This morning, she got a note back from the tooth fairy. It said: 'Dear Kaelyn, I see that your smile has changed. I'm sure I'll find your tooth. Keep brushing. Love, The Tooth Fairy. P.S. Enjoy your raise.'
The note had a dollar bill wrapped inside. I wonder if it was enough...



No comments:
Post a Comment