A fair prospect, isn't it?
The children enjoying the garden.
Ok, so I'm kidding. I would only live here in my dreams. We visited Audley End house and gardens on Saturday. We went on a tour inside the house where no photography was allowed. It was so well preserved and very ornate with a gigantic library with volumes and volumes of old books. The galleries of paintings were also impressive and then there was an extensive natural history collection as well with hundreds of bird specimens among other things.
We enjoyed the kitchen garden which was huge! There were more varieties of apple and pear trees than I had ever seen in one place.
There were also some wonderful greenhouses with tomatoes and grapevines.
The flowers were gorgeous and we also visited the stables with two real horses to the children's delight.
At the end of the day, we walked through the formal gardens where the kids played around the fountain.






4 comments:
What a gorgeous place!
Wow!! Now how about a picture of where you really live.
You guys are having so much fun! I am so glad you are enjoying England. It's such a beautiful place.
Hey, I found you again! It looks like you are settling in to your new life and surroundings, and enjoying where you are. I'm so glad! It's wonderful that you can be so much closer to your family!
Make sure you send me your new address, I'll be making up my Christmas card list soon!
Post a Comment