Before anyone gets too concerned; we're all doing fine. Nobody got injured, but the kids and I did get into a wreck on Monday. I was going to the gym to do yoga, like I usually do on Mondays and the parking lot looked crowded. There were two cars wanting to turn out of the parking lot onto the street and I wanted to turn left into the parking lot. One of the cars was on the side I was supposed to turn in (I had to turn left from a busy street). Anyway, they turned left in front of me, which really threw me off and then I thought I could turn in. Next thing I see is a car on my right and it crashed into the passenger side of the van. The side curtain airbags inflated and the van had been pushed into a car that was waiting to come out of the parking lot. Anyway, there was a lot of damage to the cars, but no people were harmed. The kids were all strapped in their car seats and they didn't even cry or anything. A lot of people came to offer their help which was very kind. I've felt pretty shook up for the past few days though and am realizing how very human and vulnerable I am. I'm now driving a rental van and we're waiting to hear if ours can be fixed. It's pretty beat up and I wasn't able to drive it after the accident. As scary as the experience was, I'm very grateful that nobody was hurt. It's such a blessing to have all my children healthy and whole and I can't stop looking at them and wanting to kiss them. I am grateful for all the people who pray for my family daily and those who saw our wreck and prayed for us there. I was also blessed to have friends right there who were ready to offer their help and support.
I took a few pictures of the damage at the collision center.
Update: The van will be repaired, but it's going to take a while...
3 comments:
Woah! I'm so glad you guys are all safe! We were just talking about airbags with our kids on Sunday 'cause Adam was asking what would happen if someone hit our car on the side. So Jon showed him the signs for the "Side Airbags" and he learned about them. Again, I'm so glad you guys are safe!
We do pray for your safety every day of our lives and are just so thankful that no one was hurt. You are all so very precious to us.
I hate that parking lot. It's awful. I'd be shaken up too. I'm glad everyone's okay.
Post a Comment