Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shark Boy and the (Almost) Walking Menace

So... a while ago Nate noticed that Ian was growing a new tooth... right behind his baby teeth! Then another one appeared and I started to wonder if this boy somehow picked up the shark gene for growing multiple rows of teeth. It's really weird.


The other day I asked him if he had any loose teeth and he could wiggle one of his bottom teeth a little. This afternoon he took a bite out of his honey tortilla and started screaming bloody murder. The force of biting and pulling had yanked his tooth down a bit and it was bleeding. It really hurt, he said and he didn't feel so good. When Nate came home after his meeting, he saw the opportunity to finally pull out one of his kids' teeth. He somehow convinced Ian. Minutes later he proudly showed me his tooth and I think he's excited about a visit from the Tooth Fairy tonight. I think we'd better start saving for the orthodontist.



Luke is getting ever so close to walking on his own. He's got the soldier crawl down, but won't let go of my hand when he wants to walk. His walker wagon has really saved my back. He loves to push it around and when he falls, he can even use it to pull himself up. He laughs the whole time. He also love to open and close cupboards and pull stuff out. He also likes to open the toilet lid and stick his hand in tha water. Oh, and he can throw things and is developing a temper already...

1 comment:

Paisley Circle Chronicles said...

Congratulations to Ian. I hope the tooth fairy was generous!