We love castles! Or what used to be castles, they're mostly ruins now. The kids didn't really want to go (this was last month), but it was sunny and above freezing temperatures. We had to take advantage of that! So we set off for Framlingham Castle, near Ipswich. All that's left of it is the outer wall and a few other remnants. We walked around on top of the wall and the views were magnificent! We're so lucky to live in such a beautiful place with such rich history and gorgeous landscape. The sun was setting, which made everything look even more magical. After visiting the castle, we walked around the castle grounds. The kids had so much fun running up and down the hill outside the castle wall. Never mind that they got covered in mud... On the way back to the van, Annika grabbed my hand as we started to walk up a hill. She said 'mommy, I'll help you up the hill.' Not what I had expected to hear. I'm usually the one helping her or carrying her up the hill. I kind of got a glimpse of my future (hopefully a long way into the future when I'll actually need help up the hill.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Those are fabulous pictures. We sure miss you guys here!
Post a Comment