This was our last castle trip to Norwich Castle. It was in the middle of the city of Norwich and you had to walk through a shopping street to get there.
Inside the castle ruins was a museum. Annika had to have her picture taken with this Kingfisher bird. It's the name of her class at school:)
Ian dressed up like a Roman
And Annika like a queen/princess. She confided in me: "I want to be a princess when I grow up."
She sure looks comfortable on her throne.
Nate had fun building a bridge out of logs with the kids
Annika enjoyed throwing pennies down the well. It was covered with glass and had slots for throwing in coins. It was fascinating for the little ones to watch the coins fall down.
Kaelyn and Ian took turns shooting play dough balls into a block wall with this trebuchet. It kept them entertained for a long time.
Annika posing in a corner of the castle.
Luke slept through most of our visit.
View down the well from the prison. You don't want to fall in there.
Better view of the castle.









1 comment:
O man! That looks like so much fun! I bet the kiddos had a blast. When I was touring castles as a kiddo we always made it to the chapel (yawn) and the torture chamber (how's that for irony). I don't remember any fun activities like this one. I'm glad they are creating exhibits like this where the kids can actually DO something. And I'm glad you and the fam are having so much fun, even if I wish I were there with you. Hugs!
Post a Comment