Friday, January 18, 2008

So here goes...

I never thought in a million years that I would start a blog, so if this turns out to be the one and only post...

I really wanted to do a better job of sharing pictures and stories of our kids. There have been so many times that I've thought: "I should write that down" or "I wish I had caught that on video." Mostly because I want to remember and share with family and friends.


I found Kaelyn reading my 'Wonder Time' magazine last night. As many times as I asked her to put her pajamas on, she didn't ever respond until she read the ad on the final page. I try to not think about it too much, but she often astounds me with her questions about things she's "read somewhere." She's also about to lose her third tooth. It's so wiggly, Nate keeps telling her she should let him pull it out. She's really into animals and especially loves to play with animal families. There always has to be a mommy and a baby. If there are more, they can be the daddy, brother and/or sister. We have a fairy house in our backyard and Kaelyn loves to add little things to it like seashells and rocks. This week, on a warmer afternoon she and Ian pretended that a pile of rocks close to the fairy house was Dragon Mountain (they used Ian's playmobil dragon and Kaelyn's fairies). They entertained themselves for hours and Annika enjoyed watching them play too.

Ian is most content when he's watching cartoons. He also loves his 'preschool'. We do a joyschool type co-op with him. He loves to play with his friends and wishes he could be with them at their houses all day every day. Yesterday, he was especially sad when I picked him up from his friend's house where he had been playing all afternoon after preschool. He didn't even want to eat dinner at our house... until I told him I could cook some fries for him. I thought I had some in the freezer, but they turned out to be hash browns. Luckily dad came to the rescue and took the kids to the grocery store after he got home from work. Ian loves to play with his playmobil take along castle. He'll set up all the knights and horses and the dragon and move them around. He just got a new knight with horse and armor thanks to grandpa and grandma. He calls him his 'diamond' knight (he's got very shiny, silver colored armor).


We have this little 20 month old that repeats just about everything you say, like "go to youw woom! Now!" or "that siwwy" or "I wuv you Anka." And then that dimple... it just makes me want to kiss her all the time. She is growing up so quickly. She really likes to imitate everything her sister and brother do. She's learned to run pretty fast just to keep up with them. She has these adorable big, brown/hazel puppy dog eyes that just make you smile. And she has a personality to match. She can be a real little clown and she's frequently our evening's entertainment. She talks to herself a lot and one time I think I heard her say something like "that's amazing!" I wonder what she was talking about. She has real conversations with herself and she'll use anything as a pretend phone. Her new Dora phone was a big hit. She also loves our Yoga Kids DVD. I think she's memorized the 'Namaste' song and the motions to it. It's so fun to watch her do all the poses and moves. I have yet to catch her on video, but when I do, I'll post it.

No comments: