Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A New Trick and a Geography Lesson.


I ran to get the camera, because Ian came up with one of his newest tricks: Pulling Annika on her little duck with two bathtub fishing poles. He's been trying to find new and creative ways to use them all day and this was the final result. I am amazed what kids can come up with when they're bored. Annika was a good sport and let him attach the hooks to her pants pockets. Later on, he tried to pull her by her shirt, but that didn't go over too well.

Yesterday, Kaelyn and Ian entertained themselves for at least an hour with a bunch of apple seeds! They were pretending they were people and they were making them do all sorts of things. It was hilarious!


After I snapped the picture of Ian and Annika, I found Kaelyn doing what she likes best: workbooks. I found one at Costco that has a whole bunch of first grade worksheets and she'll spend hours with it. A little later, I heard her call out excitedly: "I found where (aunt) Tirza's boyfriend lives (is from)!" She showed me on the globe where Gyula is from (Hungary). The next moment she says: "Hey, I didn't know Turkey was a country!" Yes Kaelyn, it's not just Thanksgiving dinner. "Mom, I'm trying to find Holland, but I don't see it anywhere." Uhh, try looking for the Netherlands or Amsterdam. It's really small. "I still can't find it." Can you see where Germany is? "Is is right here?" Ian: "Where is France?" Kaelyn: "France is over here." Okay, go up a little bit... Kaelyn: "Oh, I see Amsterdam!!" Moments later all three kids are gather around the globe and, under direction of Kaelyn, find Texas and San Antonio before they break out into a fight.

No comments: