Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oma (my mom) left yesterday after staying with us for more than two weeks. It was so nice to have her here and we miss her lots. On Friday, Kaelyn announced after school that she really, really, really wanted a Build-a-Bear. Her best friend in school has one. I told her that she could ask for one for her birthday, but no, that would take too long. So I replied that if she really, really, really wanted one, she could buy one with her allowance money. Well, she wanted to go to the mall right that moment. I tried to talk her out of it, because then Ian and Annika were going to want one too of course. She helped them count their allowance money, and sure enough, even Annika had enough money to buy a bear. I tried another diversion: I had a huge pile of laundry to work through and we wouldn't have time to go. I told the kids that if they all folded their own laundry and put it away, we would go. To my astonishment, they all agreed. Luke got hungry, so Oma helped out and taught them how to fold.



Kaelyn can now fold all the socks (she would never let me teach her). I've never seen a pile of laundry at my house disappear so quickly! It was so sweet to see them all work together. Thank you, mom! (and kids of course).
Then off to Build-a-Bear we went. Annika fell asleep on the way, so I had to wake her. They all picked their animals and then got them fluffed and put in their hearts. At the end of the ordeal, I decided I really don't like malls. I used to be able to spend hours shopping, but having kids sure change that. Now it just seems like a waste of time to stroll through the mall and look around. I'm lucky if I can keep track of all kids. So anyway, Kaelyn ended up with a pink unicorn, Ian chose a chocolate bear and Annika a pink bear. They spent nearly all their money, but they had a great time. I will have to take a picture of all of them.




Luke is growing like a weed. He's outgrown a lot of his 0-3 month clothes and he's just 6 weeks old! He's a solid little guy. He also started to be more interactive this week. He'll smile in response to people now (he's been smiling and laughing in his sleep for a while). It's impossible to get a picture of though.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I love how eager your kids were to help! Love it!

Tyler & Michelle said...

He is so cute. Congrats!

Paisley Circle Chronicles said...

Thank you so much for keeping this current. I can't wait to see you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb, wat is Luke schattig! Gefeliciteerd nog, veeeeeeeel werk 4 kids lijkt mij =).

Hartelijke groeten,

Angélique

Bridget said...

I love the pics of the kids doing laundry. hehe. Super cute.