Yesterday was a special day for Annika. My baby girl turned 3!!! I remember bringing her home from the hospital 3 years ago. She was screaming in her carseat all the way down the elevator and through the hallway. As soon as we got out the door and the outside heat hit us, she was fine. She still loves warmth. She's a pretty special girl with her big brown eyes and expressive face and I love that little dimple in her left cheek! She also has a personality to match.
We started celebrating after Kaelyn got home from school. She got to wear a princess tiara and got lots of presents. She's been carrying around her new baby doll she got from Opa and Oma and if she could, she would wear her pretty new nightgown from Grandpa and Grandma day and night and never take it off. She also got some fancy silver 'fwip fwops' that she loves to wear in the house and outside and around the pool. My favorite thing that I got her is the bilibo. It's an open ended toy that encourages kids to use their imagination.
The only thing Annika had asked for was a pink Birthday cake and she helped me make it. I think it wasn't cooled down completely before I started putting it together and it ended up like the leaning tower of Pisa with a crack down the middle. She still loved it though, because it was pink with pink candles and heart sprinkles and 'so beautiful.' At least it tasted good:)
It was a super hot day and she got to swim twice. The second time even Opa, who is visiting us, got into the pool. Who wouldn't want to swim on such a beautiful day? It was lots of fun and Annika got to swim across the pool with daddy while Kaelyn and Ian were making waves with their kick boards.



2 comments:
What a fun birthday Annika, I wish I could have been there...
What a great day for a birthday! Annika's eyes are so stunning.
Post a Comment