Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Kaelyn's Christmas Piano Recital

Kaelyn had her fourth recital last night. I can't believe she has been taking lessons for two years already! She had her first piece (Don't Wanna Leave You Blues) memorized and just before the recital she practiced it flawlessly. When she had to play it 'for real', she had a brain freeze somewhere in the middle and luckily her teacher came to the rescue with the music.

She did a great job anyway and received lots of compliments afterward. The other song she played was 'A Holly Jolly Christmas'. She did so well with that one and I was really proud of her.

6 comments:

The Ortiz Family said...

I love that you recorded her recital. How awesome that she memorized it. What a time to get a brain freeze. That was funny. Good sport though, she didn't run off crying or anything, she sat there and tried to figure it out all by herself. She is what my professor would call a high achiever! Good for her.

Jen said...

My girls and I had fun listening to her. The girls sang along to "A Holly Jolly Christmas." Good job Kaeyln!

Anonymous said...

Kaelyn, You're great!
You have a wonderful memory and the courage to perform.
Have a wonderful Holly Jolly Christmas.
Love, oma

Paisley Circle Chronicles said...

Great job Kaelyn. I have never been brave enough to even try playing a piano piece without music. You really did a great job. We love you very much. Grandma and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Wow Kaelyn, you did a great job!!!

Katherine said...

Hooray Kaelyn. You did such a nice job. Alyssa will have her first piano recital in about a month!