Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Time in a Nutshell

I started this entry a while ago, but had problems uploading pictures and video. I guess this will be the last month or so in a nutshell. We had a church Christmas party the Friday before Christmas and part of that was the Primary singing song and doing a nativity. Ian was one of the wise men (he's sitting in between Mary and Joseph, wearing a brown cape and green crown. It was really cute. Kaelyn was in the choir and I couldn't really see her from where I was siting.



Then, after the weekend, I had to go back to Ikea to get the right size slats for Annika's new bed. So the kids and I drove back to Austin. On the way back, we stopped by the Nature Center again. I love that place and will have to find more excuses to drive to Austin. Ian was very interested in the snakes and Kaelyn and Ian put stuff on the scale. Then we went to the dino dig pit, but it was pretty cold outside. We also found the injured birds. One of the roadrunners was dead in the first cage and when we got to the last one, Ian asked 'mommy, is that a red-tailed hawk?' I told him I would go look at the sign. And sure enough... how in the world did he know that? Ian said he saw a read tail on the bird and he figured that's what it was. Maybe he remembered something from Go Diego Go???



On a Monday evening (don't remember exactly when), for Family Home Evening, we got together with a bunch of friends and went caroling and delivering cookies. Between all of us, there were quite a few kids, so we mostly stuck to Jingle Bells. It was really cold and windy, but lots of fun. Here's a pic of the group.





After the last day of school, we went to my friend Mylene's house to hang out. She had a ton of white 'snowball' balloons in her living room and the kids had a blast. She took this picture of Annika who was trying to look just like her mom... I think...

Then, of course, came Christmas with presents under the tree. The kids got a Wii game system and one game each. The favorite is Mario Kart.


Kaelyn was surprised to see that Santa had eaten all the cookies and even drank the soy milk she had put out for him (with a sign).

I'm sure that more than this happened, but I'm so behind on the blog that it will have to do :o)

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a fun holiday time! I love the "snowball" idea and Annika's impersonation. Cute family!