Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Ladybugs and the Dragon


Yesterday started out great! Nate left for work before any of us got up. Ian usually gets up as early as he can so he can see his dad in the morning. When it's just me in the bathroom, getting ready, he's so disappointed. Well, yesterday morning he walked upstairs and found just his mom. I braced myself for the usual disappointmet. He looked at me, smiled and said: "I'm so glad to see you, mom!" That totally made my day! Soon after that, Kaelyn came upstairs and gave me a hug: "I love you, mommy." Wow! Could this day get any better?
Ian wasn't really interested to going to his preschool group in the morning, but when we were driving to it, he said: "I'm feeling happy today, mom." I don't hear that from him too often. I love my kids!
The Ladybug Princess playing in her kitchen.

In the afternoon, they asked if they could watch TV. They've been watching a little too much lately, so I said no. It was a beautiful afternoon, so I told them they could play outside or in their room. They decided to play dress up. Annika was the ladybug princess, Kaelyn the ladybug queen and Ian the dragon of course. I love it when they use their imagination. The ladybug queen asked the dragon what he would like to eat. The dragon replied he only eats fish. The queen proceeded to prepare his fish dinner with the aid of the princess. When the queen presented the dragon with a tray of food, she asked him what he would like to drink. I was making a video and this was happening in the background, but if you really turn up the volume you can hear the dragon's reply: "I would like to drink alcohol." Honestly, I don't know why Ian's so obsessed with alcohol. Anyway, the queen replied that she didn't have any alcohol, but he could have water or hot chocolate (since it's winter time). The dragon was OK with that. After dinner, the dragon got a little tired, so the ladybug queen put him to sleep.
The end.

There is nothing more entertaining (to me at least) than watching these children in their creative play.
Here's the video:

No comments: