The beginning of this week, I decided to cook a healthy meal with pesto salmon, brown rice pilaf and green beans. I wasn't sure if the kids would eat any of it, but you can always try, right? Well, Ian threw a fit at first, saying that he wouldn't eat any of it, ever, again! Much to our surprise, both Kaelyn and Ian ate a lot of the salmon. And then I put some green beans on each of their plates. When Ian's face turned sour, we started using Grandma's reverse psychology on him. 'I bet you can't eat those green beans!' Ian quickly caught on and replied with the backyardigans song 'I betcha, I betcha, I betcha I can.' So he ate all 4 of his green beans. But then he and Kaelyn started to make a contest out of it. At first, they each grabbed a few beans out of the pot and started to shove them in their mouths. But then they could not stop until the last bean was gone! I think Ian ate more green beans that evening than he did in his entire life! They sure won the 'bet'.
Yesterday, Ian's Wednesday preschool playgroup had a fieldtrip. We went to 'A Midsummer Night's Dream: Drama and Music' performed by the San Antonio Symphony and student actors. It was from a special concert series for young children. The music by Mendelssohn was beautiful and the acting was fun. Ian loved it. His favorite part was when king Oberon rubbed the passion flower in queen Titania's eyes and she fell in love with the fool dressed as a donkey. king Oberon looked more like a devil than a forest creature, but he was pretty scary looking and I think that's why Ian liked him. I think even Annika enjoyed it. It was only about an hour long, so it never got boring and Ian stayed focused on the performance the whole time. Annika liked the fairies the best. I was happy to listen to some quality music.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment