Monday, August 4, 2008
The Airport
It seems like we've been doing a lot of crying lately. Yesterday morning we took Nate to the airport. He'll be spending most of this month in Maryland for a rotation in lung pathology. When we had to say goodbye, the kids started crying and I felt tears coming up and then Nate was crying... It's so hard to say goodbye, even if it's for a short time. Anyway, I think we're all doing fine now. On the way to the airport, the kids were expressing their sadness that daddy was leaving and they wished that daddy could stay home with them and mommy leave for the month and go to work. Sure... I kind of had to smile. I don't think I've ever left these kids for longer than 4 days. Kaelyn quickly corrected herself though and said she loved mommy and daddy both the same. That was reassuring. We've been fine so far and I'm trying to plan as many fun activities as possible. Thank heavens for great friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
It's always hard to say goodbye at the airport... It's great that you have friends to support you.
I'm sorry that you guys have to be apart for so long. I hope the time passes quickly, and I am glad you have good friends.
Oh I am sorry to hear that you won't have your hubby for quite a time. I think I should let you know that every morning we meet at the school across the street from church and we walk and run. There is quite a group that comes. We just let the kids run wild and we socialize. Hopefully the rain will stop and we'll be back there tomorrow.
It's so hard when husbands (and dads) leave! That's such a long time, too! It sounds like you have great strategy to pass the time well while Nate is gone. Best of luck!
I'm so sorry. You could just come back to Utah for another visit :0)Good luck with everything!!
Post a Comment