Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bike Rodeo/T-Ball Day

Yesterday morning I dropped Kaelyn and her bike off at school for the bike rodeo. You wouldn't believe the line of kids that were late, waiting for a tardy slip. You'd think they could be a little more lenient on a day like this. Anyway... Kindergarten was up first to ride their bikes so I stayed and Ian wasn't happy about that. It was a chilly, windy morning (in the 50s) and he would much rather have been watching the Backyardigans. Kaelyn struggled to keep her balance going around the orange cones. She knocked one or two over and kept putting her feet down. I guess practicing with water bottles didn't really help that much.



The next challenge was staying between two lines (not touching them). I thought she did a great job with that.

Then there was the figure 8. She started out great and lost her balance somewhere in the middle, but still made it to the finish line.The last challenge was riding on a straight line. She did a great job with that too and got a rodeo ribbon at the end. I was really proud of her. She did so well and all that without training wheels! (she was one of the few kindergarten girls that didn't have them). She was disappointed that she didn't fall into any prize category, but I told her that she did an awesome job without training wheels!

Ian had a T-Ball game in the evening. He fell asleep on the way there and really didn't want to wake up. He made it onto the field anyway and was a lot more focused than usual! I guess his little nap in the car helped. He made it to 1st base both times and scored once. When I asked him later if he had fun playing ball, he said: 'No, I just wanted to go home.' Well, he looked like he was having a good time, cheering on his teammates. They played the Indians and seeing the two teams line up... the Indians were about a head shorter on average. Some of them seemed even younger than Ian! And I thought he was just about the youngest player in the league!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Kaelyn and Ian!
love, Susan