Friday, April 25, 2008

Tumbling Firefighters

Kaelyn and Ian have been in Tumbling since March. I don't think I've mentioned it on the blog before. That's probably because I didn't have any pictures. Kaelyn's class is called 'Mighty Minis' and Ian's is 'Rough and Tumble' (all boys). I don't think there's anything they look forward to more during the week. Especially Ian. His class only lasts 30 minutes, but he always comes out of it sweaty and with a glowing smile on his face. Except perhaps last week when he bit his tongue (it was bleeding and we gave him some ice to help it feel better). Ian's favorite part is usually when they get to 'tackle' coach Gabe. He holds one of the tumbling props and the boys run into that as hard as they can, trying to knock him over. Kaelyn is learning cartwheels and hand stands. I took a few pictures last Wednesday, but they didn't turn out that great.

The classes are at the gym where I do yoga. They set up the obstacle course and a big gymnastics mat on one of the indoor tennis courts. The other kids run around on the adjacent tennis court in the mean time. Annika is becoming real good friends with Maya and Maya was teaching her some yoga poses. Here is 'Down Dog':
Annika sure wishes she could be in a tumbling class too. She's already a pro at doing front rolls and is excited about learning 'Donkey Kicks'. It's so cute to watch!

Yesterday evening, when Nate came home from work, Ian came up with a new game: Firefighter. Ian started out as the firefighter with his fireman hat and a watering can. Nate made a tiny fire in the backyard and once they had the fire going they'd call '911, we need help, there's a fire!' The firefighter then came running and put out the fire. The kids took turns being the firefighter. Here it's Kaelyn's turn:



I think Annika had the most fun being the firefighter.


1 comment:

Becca S. said...

You guys are brave.