Kaelyn and Ian had made him special birthday cards and I made his favorite cake (yellow with chocolate frosting). We managed to put 31 sparkler candles on top and thank goodness the house didn't burn down.
Nate's mom sent him a package with some childhood treasures; his favorite blanket and teddy bear Fritz. Annika immediately wanted to hold both of them and didn't let go until it was time for bed. She still carries Fritz around the house and brings him to me every time his head falls off. (He's not broken, that's just the way he is).
I've been wanting to share this picture since Christmas, but never got around to it. While in Holland, we tried to familiarize the kids a little with Sinterklaas (he's like Santa Claus, but comes on December 5th to deliver gifts with his helper Zwarte Piet (Black Pete). The kids all got to dress up and Nate decided he'd dress up as Black Pete. Annika wouldn't come near him and you'll see why if you click here.



4 comments:
Well, it looks like I'm in good company! On down days (like yesterday) I remind myself of that "opposition" needed in all things. I've been down a little coming off of Spring Break and our vacation - back to routine (which is good too... just takes more discipline). Your family truly is wonderful and you're a great mom!
The cake looks nice. I've never seen a cake with 31 candles!
I like the pictures. It was fun when Nate and the children dressed up.
love, Susan
Hi Debbie! Wade's favorite cake is yellow with chocolate frosting too! I'm still trying to decide what to do to make his 40th birthday extra special. Haven't a clue yet!
Wow! You even got a comment from Mama Susan. Way to go. Nate makes a great Black Pete. Mitchell would have been scared of him too. He didn't like it all when Clint dyed himself blue last year for Halloween.
Post a Comment