Sunday, April 6, 2008

What goes in...

Today we gave potty training Annika another try. It didn't go very well this time. As excited as she was about staying dry yesterday, today she didn't seem to care at all. And when we ran out of training pants, we just went back to diapers. She did go potty a few times however, so I'm not giving up yet. She can be extremely determined and if she has in her head that she wants to do something, she will not rest until she gets her way. At any rate, we got to clean up a lot of messes today.
This afternoon, while we were watching General Conference, Kaelyn and Ian came running into the living room with red and blue paint covering their fingers. They had gotten into the finger paints and made a mess. As they washed their hands, Annika got into the paint and now there was paint on everyone's clothes. I helped them clean up and then we listened to Elder Ballard's talk. When he started to direct his remarks to the children, we quickly called them over. It was hilarious to see the reactions on their faces when he talked about picking up their toys and listening to their mother and giving her a big hug. Kaelyn gave me a big hug right away and I ended up with paint allover my clothes as well. They changed their clothes and Annika put all the clothes in the laundry. She's a great little helper. Her favorite thing these days is pulling off her clothes and running around naked, giggling: 'I naked, I naked!' The rest of the day she ran around in just a diaper. During dinner, the kids got into their regular game of using p-words and laughing and saying it again and laughing again... I think I remember going through such a phase as a kid and thinking that those words were just hilarious for whatever reason. Annika looked pretty funny with her head band and mouth full of corn (which she later spit out like she usually does with food).

2 comments:

Jen said...

You have cute, silly kids! I think it was so neat that Elder Ballard spoke directly to the children! What an impact! How sweet that Kaelyn immediately responded with a hug. Cute, cute, cute!

Becca S. said...

The stories you write about your family make me laugh! Annika is growing up so much. I wish that we could see you guys more often.